DELUXE CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
These Brownies were the first dessert item I tried to make. They turned out so amazingly well, I decided then and there, I could probably do “this Paleo thing.” Moist and full of delicious dark chocolate flavor, they have no sugar, and use no white flour. When using chocolate, use the best you can afford. My preference is Callebaut, a dark Belgian chocolate. For the Cacao (NOT cocoa) powder, I use Wildly Organic by Wilderness Family Naturals. I buy it online. This recipe makes 1 dozen in a 10X12 glass baking dish. Set your oven at 350F.
1 cup coconut oil–additional to grease the pan
5 ounces dark chocolate, chopped (a serrated knife makes this job much easier)
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup fermented unsweetened cacao powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup raw unsalted almond butter**Almond butter in the jar is readily available, however I suggest using almond butter that is freshly ground at the store.
1/4 cup coconut flour
1. Grease 10 x 12 glass baking dish with coconut oil
2. Mix coconut oil, dark chocolate and maple syrup in a small saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat when melted and mixed together.
3. Add cacao powder.
4. In another bowl, whisk eggs, baking soda, vanilla and almond butter until smooth.
5. Add cooled chocolate mixture, then fold in coconut flour.
6. Pour batter into greased pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.
7. Cool, cut and serve